VOCE is designed and built in San Diego, CA and comes with the following innovative features:
- Super-large 88mm diaphragm for extended low frequency output
- 2.4 micron driver, optimized for stability and resolution
- Fully dust-shielded driver
- Ultra-thin metal stators for superior sound
- MrSpeakers’ signature NiTinol memory metal headband for exceptional comfort, light weight and durability
- Detachable* custom fabricated silver-plated copper cable that is non-microphonic, round and super-supple, yet low capacitance
- Proprietary machined Teflon amplifier plug with machined aluminum housing, gold plated solid copper pins and a machined aluminum headphone connector**
- 580V “Pro-bias” compatible for use with any Stax-pro compatible amplifiers
- Italian Napa leather ear pads
- Vat-dyed US made leather headband
- In the spirit of avoiding waste and making packaging functional, our attractive shipping box is actually a hardwood headphone stand and case which serves as a stylish and functional way to store a VOCE (or any) headphone.
Box features include:
- Real walnut hardwood
- Hinged clear acrylic front doors with magnetic fasteners
- A built-in integrated headphone stand
- A convenient front-slot for the cable so the headphones may be left plugged-in while stored
First, if you are new to electrostatic headphones it's essential to understand that they require dedicated electrostatic energizers or amplifiers. Energizers are typically more cost effective, while dedicated amplifiers deliver a higher level of performance.
Energizers take the output of a loudspeaker amplifier and increase the voltage swing, while adding the required bias voltage. Electrostatic amplifiers typically are dedicated to electrostatic headphones, though Malvalve produces a universal headphone amplifier that can also work witih planar magnetic and dynamic headphones.
Energizers are available from Woo Audio, iFi, and Stax, while amplifiers are available from Headamp, Malvalve, and Stax.
Second, it is not uncommon for electrostatic headphones to make a "ripping" or "zipping" sound when the diaphragm contacts the stator (this is sometimes called a "stat fart," or something similar). This typically occurs when putting the headphone on, or taking it off, or if you press on the headphone cup while listening. This is considered normal behavior and is not indicative of a problem with the headphone, unless the diaphragm doesn't release (which causes audible distortion).Availability
First US shipments are expected in February 2018. International orders will be restricted during our production ramp-up. Limited quantities will be initially be available for the UK and Japan. Based on our ability to meet demand, we will expand into additional countries as quickly as we can.
*the detachable cable is for customer cable replacement for longer cables or 3rd party cables. It is not for daily/regular use
**Plugs and connector housings will be available to 3rd party cable companies to make VOCE compatible cables
The headphone and head-fi industry is one of the most saturated markets in the world. With so many brands, products, its pretty confusing and can be daunting to settle on a purchase. At Headfi.net.au, we only choose to work with the best brands and products on the market. That's why you won't find every brand under the sun here - only the ones that we've physically tested, listened to, lived with, and can happily endorse.
If you find there is a manufacturing fault with the item, please let us know within 14 days of your purchase and we'll give you a full refund or exchange. After 14 days has passed, if you encounter any issues at all with your product please don't hesitate to get in touch with us via Facebook Messenger and we'll get you sorted.
We don't normally refund just because you change your mind. We'll take every care to ensure you get your product as the listing shows.
For a full listing of the warranty periods for all our brands, please visit our Warranty Page, or just drop us a message on Messenger.
We ship using TNT, Toll or Australia Post. Whenever you purchase something, you will also be invoiced the tracking number for your goods. We're based in Sydney, so typical delivery times to capital cities along the east coast are 1-2 days. Expect around 5-6 days for shipments to Perth. If you're at all concerned about where you package is, just send us an email or message us on Facebook and we'll give you an update ASAP.